Police officers aim their weapons Friday, April 19, 2013, in Watertown, Mass. A tense night of police activity that left a university officer dead on campus just days after the Boston Marathon bombings and amid a hunt for two suspects caused officers to converge on a neighborhood outside Boston, where residents heard gunfire and explosions.(AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
Pot farm seeks local support
AMESBURY -- Faced with mounting opposition from city officials and local residents, a Newburyport-based medical marijuana company seeking to move into Amesbury is speaking out in hopes of clearing up some of the negative perceptions that have been ciContinued ...
Newbury completes sale of biggest parcel on Plum Island
NEWBURY -- Selectmen proceeded with the sale of the largest town-owned beachfront parcel on Plum Island this week. On Wednesday, Ralph and Elizabeth Cox purchased 5.4 acres at 3 Temple Blvd., land the town had deemed as surplus three years ago. ProceContinued ...
Tierney files bill to curb bad bank behavior
Congressman John Tierney teamed with Republican Congressman Walter Jones of North Carolina this week to introduce a bipartisan bill designed to protect the public from "too big to fail" banks that roll the dice with their money. The Salem Democrat, wContinued ...
At long last, an end to Ashland dispute
NEWBURYPORT -- A neighborhood dispute that has been simmering for almost a decade appears to have been put to rest this week by the City Council. Residents on lower Ashland Street have been complaining about parked cars on that thoroughfare for manyContinued ...
Flawed state health insurance site put back online after fixes fail
BOSTON -- Persistent technical problems that have complicated the efforts of tens of thousands of residents trying to sign up for health coverage through the state's new Obamacare website have forced Massachusetts health officials to move on to PlanContinued ...
- district court
- Committee favors Morgan Ave. parcels for public safety complex
- Information nights for kindergarten, preschool set
- No Headline Provided
- Merrimac receives grant to change waste collection to bags
- Winners of Essex County photo contest announced
- 'Stuff the bus' tomorrow for firefighters toy drive
- Local photographer's work on display at Merrimac library
- Firefighters to take Santa around city Dec. 22
- Port police investigate theft at McDonald's
- police logs
- Join Greenbelt's scavenger hunt and win a prize
- December 12, 2013
- Amesbury settles deal over Woodsom soccer fields
- Agreement reached on value of state-owned land
- 'Mrs. Claus' accepts Newbury firefighter's proposal
- Pot farm seeks local support