Commuters are turned away at Malden Center station in Malden, Mass. Friday, April 18, 2013 as area MBTA commuter trains are suspended. Two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing killed an MIT police officer, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during a getaway attempt in a long night of violence that left one of them dead and another still at large Friday, authorities said as the manhunt intensified for a young man described as a dangerous terrorist. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)
Woman charged in PI fracas
PLUM ISLAND -- Just-released court records provide new details into a wild Memorial Day weekend brawl outside a Donna's Way residence in which two Plum Island Grille employees were injured, an incident that inflamed tensions within the close-knit comContinued ...
Busy Cumby's to be demolished, doubled in size
By Jim Sullivan STAFF WRITER Busy Cumby's to be demolished, doubled in sizeContinued ...
Former Market Basket workers gets creative with shopping lists
A former Plaistow Market Basket employee has made an art piece representing the store's boycott using customers' shopping lists.Continued ...
Officer's quick response buys time for family's pet
SALISBURY -- A frantic call transferred to police from regional dispatch resulted in Salisbury police officer James Leavitt responding to help a small dog struggling to stay alive. According to Tony Martino, he and his family were desperate for helpContinued ...
Police to put down their pens, write electronic tickets
BOSTON -- State troopers will soon toss handwritten tickets in favor of electronic citations to save money and time, and local police across the state could eventually follow suit. State police using the system will swipe or scan a driver's license tContinued ...
- Proper disposal of US flags was Eagle Scout's project
- Newburyport High School honor roll
- Daisy Mace wins Junior Miss Seabrook title
- District court
- Longtime 'SNL' announcer Don Pardo dies at 96
- EPA sees Boston as model for asthma prevention
- This day in history
- Pacific Crest Trail backpacker to tell her story
- Mirra, other lawmakers file disclosures
- Police logs
- August 19, 2014
- Dash cams for cruisers
- Salisbury man arraigned in dismemberment case
- At Market Basket, it's wait and see
- Duo admits to stealing $32K from local bank
- Tribute planned for Verne Noyes, 'backbone' of Newbury FD
- Woman charged in PI fracas