Commuters are turned away at Malden Center station in Malden, Mass. Friday, April 18, 2013 as area MBTA commuter trains are suspended. Two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing killed an MIT police officer, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during a getaway attempt in a long night of violence that left one of them dead and another still at large Friday, authorities said as the manhunt intensified for a young man described as a dangerous terrorist. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)
Delay in road project may halt big shopping center
SEABROOK -- The state's recently announced two-year delay on its promised widening of Route 1 could hold up a proposed new shopping center that's been years in the planning, and before the planning board for months. Town officials were surprised lastContinued ...
Where there's smoke...
NEWBURYPORT - The city Board of Health's anti-smoking initiative evidently means stepping on the toes of those who are crushing out cigarette butts on public streets. A staff member of the municipal Health Department recently met with an owner of theContinued ...
Worker injured after fall from barge
NEWBURYPORT -- Work crews rebuilding the Whittier Bridge were reminded of safety protocols yesterday, the morning after a worker fell 10 feet off a barge and into the Merrimack River around 5 p.m. Tuesday just as his shift was ending. Massachusetts DContinued ...
Search for library director continues in Amesbury
AMESBURY - The search for a new library director in Amesbury has dragged on longer than expected, and now city officials have reposted the job opening on the city's website after the first round of applications didn't produce a permanent director. MaContinued ...
Salisbury man jailed for fake bomb threat, robbery
SALISBURY - A Salisbury man accused of robbing the Institution for Savings in Salisbury Square and threatening to blow up a bomb will spend up to five years in jail after pleading guilty to numerous armed robbery and other charges Tuesday afternoon iContinued ...
- Police Logs
- Pettengill House has urgent need for more coats
- Grant funds purchase of new AHS band uniforms
- Newburyport District Court
- This Day in History
- CPA funds will increase next year
- Youth Services seeking program instructors
- Income tax rate to go down next year
- Holiday cheer abounds at Invitation Nights
- Firefighters host 'Stuff the Bus' for toy drive
- December 4, 2013
- 'Stigma' gives Plum Island homeowners a tax break
- Viccaro: budget deficit means 'hard decisions'
- Councilors push for pause on 'pot farms'
- Taking a lesson beyond the books
- Dispatcher shortage strains police budget
- Delay in road project may halt big shopping center