Commuters are turned away at Malden Center station in Malden, Mass. Friday, April 18, 2013 as area MBTA commuter trains are suspended. Two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing killed an MIT police officer, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during a getaway attempt in a long night of violence that left one of them dead and another still at large Friday, authorities said as the manhunt intensified for a young man described as a dangerous terrorist. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)
Shareholders back deal for Rockport National
ROCKPORT -- Rockport National Bank shareholders agreed by an overwhelming margin yesterday to approve the acquisition of the longtime locally based bank by the Newburyport-based Institution for Savings. And the merger may be completed earlier than aContinued ...
Landfill problems again
NEWBURYPORT -- Once again, neighbors are complaining of terrible odors emanating from the Crow Lane landfill, and once again, state officials are blaming the company that owns it for failing to maintain the site. In recent days, residents who live neContinued ...
'A very good place for us'
AMESBURY -- If Thomas Bailey is a little happier than your average husband and father of two to be living a humble life in Amesbury, it is because he knows that life could be very, very different. "Being in the street, or whatever you want to call itContinued ...
Help needed to pay for Yankee Homecoming fireworks
NEWBURYPORT -- Organizers of Yankee Homecoming want this year's concluding fireworks extravaganza to end with a bang, not a whimper, but leaders say they need last-minute donations to make it happen. "We're short about $5,000 for the display we wantContinued ...
Robbed Port store owner vows to catch criminals
NEWBURYPORT -- Hours after Village Silversmith was burglarized early yesterday morning, the owner of the State Street jewelry store warned whoever broke into his business he will be found and brought to justice. "If you rob my store, I will find you.Continued ...
- Hula hoop lessons tomorrow at Merrimac library
- This Day in History
- Santa Parade group considers becoming a town committee
- AMESBURY NEWS IN BRIEF
- Police logs
- Strip club owner in court for failing to pay dancers
- Olde Fashioned Sunday returns to Bartlet Mall this weekend
- Experiments to rid Great Marsh of phragmites begin soon
- YWCA expands its after-school program at new Bresnahan Elementary
- District Court
- July 22, 2014
- Police see upswing in heroin use in and around library
- At Port Market Basket, bare shelves greet customers
- Putting their jobs on the line
- West Nile virus in mosquitoes found in Port
- Homecoming king, queen ready for coronation
- Shareholders back deal for Rockport National