NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA

Local News

April 25, 2013

This Day in History

On this day in 1655, the town of Newbury “granted to Captain Paul White a parcel of land not exceeding half an acre, about Watts his cellar, for to make a dock, a wharf, and a warehouse, provided he do build a dock and warehouse asafore ... .” This was near where the Firehouse Theater stands today.

— Information provided by the Historical Society of Old Newbury

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints

Port Pics
AP Video
Special Features