The incident comes just as the Taylors seemed to be coming to a resolution to their problem after a meeting was held at their home on April 4 with Walsh-McCourt JV1, DOT, Gray and Ciampitti. Although the state took only a 10-foot easement from their property last year, the possibility of taking the house outright through eminent domain has been discussed.
“We have been nothing but cooperative,” Taylor said. “We have been nothing but polite and respectful to everyone at DOT, the construction company people and we haven’t said one word to any of those construction workers, even the guy who has been taunting me for months. So for them to turn around and do this, I want that guy fired and never to return to this project.”