The Consumer Product Safety Commission recalled more than 86,000 individual toys this year because of choking hazards.
Between 1990 and 2011, more than 200 children died from choking incidents.
It was estimated between 2009 and 2011 that there were 1,700 emergency room cases nationwide involving the ingestion of high-powered magnets. More than 70 percent of these cases involved children between the ages of 4 and 12.
Over the years, more than 13,900 toys or products have been recalled by CPSC because they violated lead paint regulations.