Newburyport Daily News
---- — On this day in 1921, the homeopathic hospital on High Street sustained severe fire damage. The hospital was able to rebuild and continued in operation for an additional three decades. Formerly the home of Captain Lunt, its granite wall still stands at the corner of High Street and Rawson Avenue. At the time this was the most expensive wall in the city.