NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA

Local News

July 8, 2013

This Day in Newburyport History

On this day in 1757, Patrick Tracy purchased a dwelling house, wharf, dock etc. from Colonel Richard Kent (namesake of Kent’s Island). The wharf was built by Richard Dole in 1678. Tracy proceeded to build several large warehouses for the storage of merchandise.

Information provided by the Historical Society of Old Newbury

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints

Port Pics
AP Video
US Trying to Verify Video of American's Killing FBI Director Addresses Ferguson Shooting in Utah Raw: Police at Scene of St. Louis Shooting Police: 2 Calif. Boys Planned School Shooting NOLA Police Chief Retires Amid Violent Crimes Lunch Bus Delivers Meals to Kids Out of School Water Bottles Recalled for Safety Researcher Testing On-Field Concussion Scanners Rockets Fired From Gaza, in Breach of Ceasefire Raw: Japanese Military Live Fire Exercise Police, Protesters Clash in Ferguson Independent Autopsy Reveals Michael Brown Wounds Nashville Embraces Motley Crue Obama: 'Time to Listen, Not Just Shout' Lawyer: Gov. Perry Indictment a 'Nasty Attack' Raw: Russian Aid Convoy Crosses Into Ukraine Iowa Man Builds Statue of a Golfer Out of Balls Assange Gets Cryptic About Leaving Embassy in UK Raw: Building Collapse in South Africa, 9 Dead Raw: Pope Francis Meets 'Comfort Women'
Special Features