NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA

July 8, 2013

This Day in Newburyport History


Newburyport Daily News

---- — On this day in 1757, Patrick Tracy purchased a dwelling house, wharf, dock etc. from Colonel Richard Kent (namesake of Kent’s Island). The wharf was built by Richard Dole in 1678. Tracy proceeded to build several large warehouses for the storage of merchandise.

Information provided by the Historical Society of Old Newbury