Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate businessman and former Navy SEAL Gabriel Gomez, center, speaks with waitress Michelle Camelio, of Marshfield, Mass., left, during a campaign stop at a restaurant, in Marshfield, Monday, April 29, 2013. (AP Photo/Steven Senne)
Amesbury settles deal over Woodsom soccer fields
AMESBURY -- Youth soccer in Amesbury will finally have a home to call its own after the City Council voted unanimously to authorize the leasing of space at Woodsom Farm for development of new soccer fields. The vote, taken late Tuesday night, will alContinued ...
Agreement reached on value of state-owned land
SALISBURY -- The town won another battle in its cyclical war with the state Department of Revenue concerning the value of state-owned land within its borders and along its shores. According to Town Manager Neil Harrington, Salisbury and DOR reachedContinued ...
'Mrs. Claus' accepts Newbury firefighter's proposal
When Anneke Sharp and boyfriend Eric Beaulieu went down to the Christmas tree at Dock Square in Rockport on Sunday afternoon, she thought they were going to take some fun photos for a holiday card because they were dressed as Santa and Mrs. Claus. SContinued ...
Officials gather for groundbreaking at Avita Newburyport
NEWBURYPORT -- Developers, health professionals and city leaders gathered yesterday for the groundbreaking of a state-of-the-art facility that will be home to patients with Alzheimer's disease and other brain impairments. Ground was actually broken wContinued ...
Thrift shop donates $135,000 to local charities
SALISBURY -- When times are tough, many local charities are stretched to their max helping the needy stay warm, well-fed and protected. For the past four years, however, social service organizations have had a friend in town, a Salisbury-based thrifContinued ...
- This Day in History
- Provident holding holiday collections at branches
- Tickets for Big Win drawing on sale
- Council votes to keep single tax rate of $20.98
- ROOF fundraiser Sunday at Port Tavern
- Police logs
- New commercial building near rotary discussed
- Reams case heads to court today
- December 11, 2013
- Councilors upset over mayor's letters supporting Amesbury pot farm
- 'Person of interest' in murder investigation held on $100K cash bail
- Year's end brings business shuffle
- Council accepts funding for school resource officers
- High school holds 'Day of Poetry' tomorrow
- NRC will discuss ASR issues Dec. 18
- Amesbury settles deal over Woodsom soccer fields