Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Dan Winslow speaks with potential voters in a bank during a tour of downtown Mansfield, Mass. Monday, April 29, 2013. Three Republicans and two Democrats seeking the nominations of their parties to run in a special U.S. Senate election are making a final pre-primary push for votes. A light turnout is expected for Tuesday's primary. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)
Father jailed on cocaine charges
NEWBURYPORT -- A New Hampshire father who fell asleep inside the Salisbury police station only to have his 3-year-old son pull out nearly 60 grams of cocaine from his pocket pleaded guilty to reckless endangerment of a child and a drug charge yesterdContinued ...
Clerk to hear case of Plum Island assault
PLUM ISLAND -- A Newburyport District Court clerk magistrate is expected to decide today whether there is enough evidence to charge seven people involved in a Memorial Day street fight outside a Donna's Way beach house with assault and battery, accorContinued ...
Patrick: Market Basket close to shuttering stores
Market Basket soon will reach a "critical point" of potentially having to close stores if a deal to sell the company is not reached soon while a Friday deadline for a resolution looms, Gov. Deval Patrick said yesterday. Patrick told reporters in GreeContinued ...
NEWBURYPORT -- On the waterfront in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., known to many as the yachting capital of the world, 100-foot boats are lined up like pelicans on the beach. But since arriving on the Newburyport public dock three weeks ago, the 112-foot HanContinued ...
NRC: Security at Seabrook fits feds' requirements
SEABROOK -- Security requirements and technology at this country's nuclear power plants grew more intense after terrorists killed more than 3,000 people in four attacks on Sept. 11, 2001. "All security changed after 9/11 at the nation's nuclear poweContinued ...
- Newburyport News in Brief
- This day in history
- Deadly virus hits dogs in Lawrence
- Police plan crackdown on drunken drivers
- Official predicts costly winter for natural gas
- Police logs
- Seabrook building permits
- Man held without bail after fifth DUI arrest
- Frustration grows over landfill odors
- State police commander praises cruiser technology
- August 20, 2014
- Woman charged in PI fracas
- Busy Cumby's to be demolished, doubled in size
- Former Market Basket workers gets creative with shopping lists
- Officer's quick response buys time for family's pet
- Police to put down their pens, write electronic tickets
- Father jailed on cocaine charges