NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA

December 8, 2012

This Day in Newburyport


Newburyport Daily News

---- — On this day in 1820, the Newburyport Herald reported, “The beacon on High Street with the ship on top, on land owned by the late Mrs. Wyer, has become so dangerous by the decayed state of the rope that unless properly secured by those interested, it will, in a few days, be taken down.”

— Information provided by the

Historical Society of Old Newbury