Newburyport Daily News
---- — On this day in 1802, road improvements were made from the foot of North Street (now Oakland Street) to the foot of Poore’s Lane (now Woodland Street). A wider and more convenient road from the foot of Poore’s Lane to the foot of Pilsbury’s Lane (now Ashland Street) was extended to the Essex-Merrimack bridge.
— Information provided by the
Historical Society of Old Newbury