In Amesbury, schools face layoff
AMESBURY -- Due to the late date of Tuesday's public hearing on the municipal budget, the Amesbury Public Schools have already been forced to lay off several employees, and given the amount of funds that were approved, more painful cuts could be immiContinued ...
Local carnival co. faces suit over low wages
SEABROOK -- Local businessman Gene Dean and his amusement park ride company is facing a potential class action civil suit claiming that for years he's failed to pay hundreds of his workers their required legal wages. According to the court documentContinued ...
Ives calls for photos on welfare cards
Welfare reform on Beacon Hill is moving forward this week with bipartisan support, and the Senate version includes provisions that would create a jobs program to move recipients into the workforce and add photographs to benefit cards. State Sen. KathContinued ...
A 'bittersweet' time as 30-year ICS teacher retires
NEWBURYPORT -- It can be said that Katherine "Kitty" Pearson's life has, in one form or another, revolved around Newburyport's Immaculate Conception Church. Now a significant portion of that life is about to come to an end. After 30 years Pearson, 6Continued ...
Crisis center to celebrate 30th anniversary with dance party
NEWBURYPORT -- The Jeanne Geiger Crisis Center is hosting a Dance Party Celebration tomorrow at Mission Oak Grill's Steeple Hall from 7 p.m. to midnight. The party is intended to celebrate the center's 30 years of service to the community. This celeContinued ...
- Brocklebank Museum opens for season on Sunday
- Selectmen opt for colored trash bags
- Seabrook to reopen beach police station
- This day in history
- Police Logs
- State Fire Marshal's Office: Rowley fire caused by broken fan
- Talk on Transition Newburyport tonight at refuge
- NH woman is chosen as new library director
- 'Cash & Cari' star at Vintage Bazaar this weekend
- Residents plan push for playground in park
- Roadblocks everywhere
- Obama says thanks to area kids for good work
- Selectmen OK remote participation for meetings
- Buildings demolished at National Grid site
- June 19, 2013
- Pair face multiple burglary charges
- In Amesbury, schools face layoff