Embezzler wants to end restitution to Yellow School Center for the Arts
SALEM -- The former treasurer of the Yellow School Center for the Arts in Byfield is asking a judge to stop making him pay restitution for the more than $100,000 he embezzled from the nonprofit nearly a decade ago. That's because, David Takesian's aContinued ...
Mayor Gray brokers deal with pot farms
AMESBURY--Mayor Ken Gray announced the signing of host community agreements between the city and a pair of medical marijuana cultivation companies which he projects will bring a combined $1.1 million in new revenues to Amesbury over the next 10 yearsContinued ...
School officials take new SAT in stride
Big changes are coming to the SAT exam, and as College Board president and CEO David Coleman announced on Wednesday, the new test to be rolled out in April, 2016 hopes to lift some of the mystery that surrounds the current SAT -- which may not necessContinued ...
New group launches discussion on local poverty
NEWBURYPORT -- Poverty exists in the local Greater Newburyport. It isn't going away easily and it isn't solved through just giving charity. That's the message a group of local social service professionals shared during a recent forum hosted by NewbuContinued ...
ADVENT CHRISTIAN Four Corners Advent Christian Church, 5 Farm Lane, Seabrook, 603-474-34518. Services: Sunday worship, 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, midweek prayer and Bible study. ANGLICAN All Saints Anglican Church of Amesbury, 67 Friend St., Amesbury, 978-38Continued ...
- Programs at Parker River National Wildlife Refuge
- Now is the time to look for owls
- Church notes
- Region News in Brief
- Newburyport District Court
- Devotions and diets
- House, Senate must settle billions in transportation spending
- This Day in History
- March 7, 2014
- Legislature bans 'upskirting'
- Selectmen protest Triton budget hike
- Officers join birthday celebration for ailing RI boy
- Port schools making gains on new math lessons
- For decades, Beach Village District has quietly existed
- DISTRICT COURT
- Big Win drawing March 27
- Embezzler wants to end restitution to Yellow School Center for the Arts