Salisbury: Stone Mickelson watches ocean water cascade next to his home at Salisbury on North End Boulevard just before high tide Saturday. Several people near him were evacuated and he was unsure if he was going to be as well. Bryan Eaton/Staff Photo
Board disputes job changes for veteran firefighters
NEWBURY – The Board of Fire Engineers has rejected wording in a proposed job description drafted by the town’s lawyer as a way to legally allow firefighters over 65 years old to continue serving on the force. The specific language that Fire EngineerContinued ...
Police cull evidence in recent gas station robbery
AMESBURY -- Local police are awaiting lab results to help crack the case of a man who robbed the Sunoco gas station on Route 110 last month, then sped off in a black sedan. Around 3 p.m. on Nov. 6, a white male around 6 feet tall entered the gas staContinued ...
Newburyport District Court
NEWBURYPORT: The following jury-waived trials were recorded Dec. 2 at Newburyport District Court, with Judge Peter Doyle presiding: Gary Collum, 48, 19 Hodgkins Drive, Ipswich; driving under the influence of alcohol, second offense, open container, aContinued ...
First Parish Church welcomes new minister
NEWBURY – A native of Marblehead, First Parish Church’s new minister, Rev. G. Jeffrey MacDonald, graduated from Yale Divinity School in 2000 and served as pastor of Union Congregational Church in Amesbury from 2000 to 2004. A journalist since his dayContinued ...
Youth cheerleaders fundraising their way to competition
NEWBURYPORT — The good news is that Newburyport Youth Football Cheerleaders won a berth at the National Cheerleading Competition at Disney World in February. But the attending costs is at least $1,000 per competitor, and the squad of 30 Newburyport cContinued ...
- Police logs
- Harbor plan moving ahead
- Council to discuss pot farm delay Dec. 17
- City officially accepts Cultural District designation
- Pentucket principal to step down
- Luekens prepares to begin School Committee term
- Revelers celebrate the season at tree lighting
- Pentucket Regional High School honor roll
- Holiday Parade and tree lighting tomorrow
- 'She always helped people'
- This Day in History
- December 5, 2013
- Delay in road project may halt big shopping center
- Where there's smoke...
- Worker injured after fall from barge
- Search for library director continues in Amesbury
- Board disputes job changes for veteran firefighters