Shareholders back deal for Rockport National
ROCKPORT -- Rockport National Bank shareholders agreed by an overwhelming margin yesterday to approve the acquisition of the longtime locally based bank by the Newburyport-based Institution for Savings. And the merger may be completed earlier than aContinued ...
Two officers fired in Seabrook brutality case
SEABROOK — The fallout from the police brutality scandal began today at noon, with two officers fired and a lieutenant demoted in rank down to patrolman, as Seabrook metes out its punishments to those embroiled in an episode that stunned and embarrasContinued ...
Landfill problems again
NEWBURYPORT -- Once again, neighbors are complaining of terrible odors emanating from the Crow Lane landfill, and once again, state officials are blaming the company that owns it for failing to maintain the site. In recent days, residents who live neContinued ...
'A very good place for us'
AMESBURY -- If Thomas Bailey is a little happier than your average husband and father of two to be living a humble life in Amesbury, it is because he knows that life could be very, very different. "Being in the street, or whatever you want to call itContinued ...
Help needed to pay for Yankee Homecoming fireworks
NEWBURYPORT -- Organizers of Yankee Homecoming want this year's concluding fireworks extravaganza to end with a bang, not a whimper, but leaders say they need last-minute donations to make it happen. "We're short about $5,000 for the display we wantContinued ...
- Robbed Port store owner vows to catch criminals
- Hula hoop lessons tomorrow at Merrimac library
- This Day in History
- Santa Parade group considers becoming a town committee
- AMESBURY NEWS IN BRIEF
- Police logs
- Strip club owner in court for failing to pay dancers
- Olde Fashioned Sunday returns to Bartlet Mall this weekend
- Experiments to rid Great Marsh of phragmites begin soon
- YWCA expands its after-school program at new Bresnahan Elementary
- District Court
- July 22, 2014
- Police see upswing in heroin use in and around library
- At Port Market Basket, bare shelves greet customers
- Putting their jobs on the line
- West Nile virus in mosquitoes found in Port
- Shareholders back deal for Rockport National