- July 25, 2014
FX says overnight ratings becoming meaningless
NEW YORK (AP) -- It's a rite nearly as old as television: the morning after a new show premieres, network executives wait impatiently for the Nielsen company's estimate of how many people watched, and rush to report the first sign of a hit. Leaders aContinued ...
Peabody Essex Museum severs ties with Gordon College
SALEM -- The Peabody Essex Museum announced yesterday that it had ended its longstanding collaboration with Gordon College and its museum studies program, saying the school's attitude toward gay and lesbian individuals conflicts with its fundamentalContinued ...
This Day in History
On this day in 1860, Newburyport captain James Knapp Pritchard aboard the ship Cape Fear Not sailing from Boston toward Liverpool recorded: "[Today] came in with a steady breeze and passing clouds ... a strong current for a week [caused] an error inContinued ...
Manzi gets more time to buy a home in town
According to Seabrook's Town Charter, town managers and the chiefs of the police and fire departments must live in Seabrook. But, that's proving to be a little difficult for Town Manager Bill Manzi. Manzi was a Methuen resident when hired last July,Continued ...
UPDATE: Up to 10,000 people estimated at Market Basket rally
TEWKSBURY — There is action today on two stages in the Market Basket drama. Thousands of people converged at the site of the Tewksbury store this morning for another rally by employees and supporters who feel disenfranchised by the ouster of CEO ArthContinued ...
- July 24, 2014
- officers fired in brutality case
- It's all Greek
- Report finds excessive force, evasive answers
- ZBA delays hearing on former Mr. India building
- Residents complain of 'unacceptable' conditions on Plum Island
- City hosts monthly mayors meeting
- Some 'Downton Abbey' details to hold you over before Season 5
- This Day in History
- Shoppers flee Market Basket for grocers, butchers, farmstands
- Programs for children at Newburyport library
- Newburyport News in Brief
- Lawrence man accused of trying to steal tire
- Real estate deeds
- Nursing home found at fault; jury issues $14.5M verdict
- Amesbury people in the news