- March 5, 2014
NEF plans annual Texas Hold 'Em fundraiser
NEWBURYPORT -- The Newburyport Education Foundation will hold its fourth annual Texas Hold 'Em Poker Tournament fundraiser on Friday, March 14, at 6 p.m. at Newburyport City Hall, 60 Pleasant St. The event will benefit the Newburyport Public Schools.Continued ...
Nock students perform 'Guys and Dolls, Jr.'
NEWBURYPORT -- Nock Middle School music teacher and director Brian Nickerson says that combining one of America's classic musical comedies with a large and enthusiastic group of middle-school students provides a "recipe for an outstanding, all-inclusContinued ...
AMESBURY The following item was recorded in the Amesbury police log: Stephanie Ezaty, 27, 106 Whitehall Road, No. 3, Amesbury, was arrested Monday at 11:34 p.m. and charged with a previous warrant, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, operating aContinued ...
This Day in History
On this day in 1832, the schoolhouse on the Mall was reopened to accommodate the Latin and English High School under the direction of Roger E. Howard and David P. Page. -- Information provided by the Historical Society of Old Newbury This DayContinued ...
Knowles won't run again for selectman
WEST NEWBURY -- "It's time to move on." That's the reason he gave for not seeking another three-year term on the Board of Selectmen, Chairman Bert Knowles Jr. said on Monday. That same day David Archibald confirmed he has pulled nomination papers foContinued ...
- March 4, 2014
- Public forums on two issues Zoning amendments to be discussed tomorrow, waterfront on Saturday
- 'Short ribs' inspection sticker is recipe for man's arrest
- Selectmen approve new guns, uniforms for police
- City recognizes Diversity Month
- Diversity month, part 1: Extending caring hand to the poor
- DEA launches anonymous tip line
- Shop robbed at knifepoint
- Oscars draws 43 million viewers
- Two run for three-year selectman's seat in Seabrook
- This Day in History
- Russia sets Ukraine agenda with diplomacy, threats
- Company raises more than $2.1 million for Dana-Farber
- Police Logs
- Danger from Crimea, professor warns
- Great Old Book Sale begins Thursday