- April 22, 2014
Coakley to speak at Chamber breakfast
NEWBURYPORT -- The Greater Newburyport Chamber of Commerce has announced their 2014 Gubernatorial Breakfast Series featuring candidates for governor of Massachusetts. The Chamber will welcome Attorney General Martha Coakley on Wednesday at 7:30 a.m.Continued ...
Battle lines hardening in rancher standoff with feds
The battle lines are hardening in Nevada rancher Clive Bundy's so-called "range war" against the federal government over his right to graze cattle on public lands. Arguments have moved from the Nevada desert to the nation's capital, where Nevada's twContinued ...
- April 21, 2014
Stories of the past
Editor's note: As Newburyprot celebrates its 250th anniversary this year, The Daily News is publishing a series of stories that looks back on the city's history. Today we focus on events that shaped the city. NEWBURYPORT -- It's said that truly histoContinued ...
Hearing on flood maps, insurance
PLUM ISLAND -- Many landowners along the local coast and waterways are being hit by a dramatic increase in flood insurance costs, an issue that has been made harder by a lack of information about how high those fast-climbing rates will go. But localContinued ...
'My dream come true'
NEWBURYPORT -- It's not every week that you can say you realized a dream, but that's exactly what's happened to Kim Lively over the last few days. On April 11, Lively, 41, opened the third location of her children's boutique Lively Kids, eight yearsContinued ...
- Owner of Nina's Weiners dies suddenly
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Shakespeare on the Ipswich
- police logs
- Adult Ed kicks off spring with new courses
- Bruins top Red Wings 4-1, even series at 1-1
- Register soon to vote in election, Town Meeting
- Plant, bake sale to benefit Whittier Home Museum
- Technology led police to shooting suspect
- AHS grad helps Bali's poorest through Stella's Child
- Longtime firefighter remembered as 'true brother'
- Commission offers programs to help support parks
- New regulations prompt land owners to take action
- This day in history
- April 20, 2014
- VIDEO: Inn St Easter Hat Parade