- March 5, 2014
Report: Management played role in state drug lab failure
BOSTON -- Management failures at the Hinton Drug Lab "provided the atmosphere" for jailed former chemist Annie Dookhan to tamper with drug samples and throw thousands of criminal convictions into limbo, according to the state's Inspector General, whoContinued ...
Youth Services hiring summer instructors
NEWBURYPORT -- Newburyport Youth Services is now accepting applications for summer jobs. Applications are available at the NYS office at the Kelley School Youth Center, the NYS website or on the City of Newburyport's website. The Youth Services depContinued ...
Planting the seed for sustainable growth
AMESBURY -- Scott Mandeville has a green thumb and as the co-founder of the Amesbury Seed Exchange, he's going to try to make his hometown a little more sustainable. "Access to good, healthy food sometimes escapes people who have financial problems,"Continued ...
Gun charges dropped against Port man
NEWBURYPORT -- A local man facing numerous weapons charges after police discovered handguns, rifles and an assault rifle inside his High Street apartment last September avoided all jail time in a plea agreement with Essex County prosecutors last weekContinued ...
amesbury news in brief
Good consumer health at senior center There has been great concern over the alarmingly fast-growing trend in elder fraud and the increasing number of financially victimized elders. One of the missions of the Attorney General's office is to help educaContinued ...
- NEF plans annual Texas Hold 'Em fundraiser
- Nock students perform 'Guys and Dolls, Jr.'
- Police Logs
- This Day in History
- Knowles won't run again for selectman
- March 4, 2014
- Public forums on two issues Zoning amendments to be discussed tomorrow, waterfront on Saturday
- 'Short ribs' inspection sticker is recipe for man's arrest
- Selectmen approve new guns, uniforms for police
- City recognizes Diversity Month
- Diversity month, part 1: Extending caring hand to the poor
- DEA launches anonymous tip line
- Shop robbed at knifepoint
- Oscars draws 43 million viewers
- Two run for three-year selectman's seat in Seabrook
- This Day in History