- July 23, 2014
'A very good place for us'
AMESBURY -- If Thomas Bailey is a little happier than your average husband and father of two to be living a humble life in Amesbury, it is because he knows that life could be very, very different. "Being in the street, or whatever you want to call itContinued ...
Help needed to pay for Yankee Homecoming fireworks
NEWBURYPORT -- Organizers of Yankee Homecoming want this year's concluding fireworks extravaganza to end with a bang, not a whimper, but leaders say they need last-minute donations to make it happen. "We're short about $5,000 for the display we wantContinued ...
Robbed Port store owner vows to catch criminals
NEWBURYPORT -- Hours after Village Silversmith was burglarized early yesterday morning, the owner of the State Street jewelry store warned whoever broke into his business he will be found and brought to justice. "If you rob my store, I will find you.Continued ...
Hula hoop lessons tomorrow at Merrimac library
MERRIMAC -- The Merrimac Public Library has two fun programs scheduled during the next week: Tomorrow at 3:30 p.m., Hula Hooping with Pinto Bella Hoops. Join Pinto and learn about the physical, emotional and social benefits of hula hooping. After brContinued ...
This Day in History
On this day in 1800, Newburyport Capt. Joseph Whitmore aboard the Sloop of War Warren recorded: "Pleasant the first part of these 24 hours. At 4pm weighed anchor, got under way, got to sea... at 10 squally and rain. Raised the top sail found a mate oContinued ...
- Santa Parade group considers becoming a town committee
- AMESBURY NEWS IN BRIEF
- Police logs
- Strip club owner in court for failing to pay dancers
- Olde Fashioned Sunday returns to Bartlet Mall this weekend
- Experiments to rid Great Marsh of phragmites begin soon
- YWCA expands its after-school program at new Bresnahan Elementary
- District Court
- July 22, 2014
- Police see upswing in heroin use in and around library
- At Port Market Basket, bare shelves greet customers
- Putting their jobs on the line
- West Nile virus in mosquitoes found in Port
- Homecoming king, queen ready for coronation
- Police logs
- Jorgenson achieves Distinguished Toastmaster award