- July 24, 2014
Chism arraigned in second bathroom attack on a woman
BOSTON -- When the woman came out of the bathroom, accused murderer Philip Chism was standing a foot in front of her. He put his hands around the clinician's neck, started choking her and pushed her up against a cinder block wall, a prosecutor said.Continued ...
NEWBURYPORT: The following jury-waived trials were recorded Monday, June 21, at Newburyport District Court with Judge Peter Doyle presiding: Jamal S. Brito, 21, 870 Haverhill St., No. 12A, Rowley; daytime breaking and entering for a misdemeanor, contContinued ...
Store owner offers $5K reward for robbery info
NEWBURYPORT -- A $5,000 cash reward is being offered by the owner of Village Silversmith, the State Street jewelry store burglarized early Tuesday morning. The offer is open to anyone with information leading directly to the arrests of those responsContinued ...
- July 23, 2014
Shareholders back deal for Rockport National
ROCKPORT -- Rockport National Bank shareholders agreed by an overwhelming margin yesterday to approve the acquisition of the longtime locally based bank by the Newburyport-based Institution for Savings. And the merger may be completed earlier than aContinued ...
Two officers fired in Seabrook brutality case
SEABROOK — The fallout from the police brutality scandal began today at noon, with two officers fired and a lieutenant demoted in rank down to patrolman, as Seabrook metes out its punishments to those embroiled in an episode that stunned and embarrasContinued ...
- Landfill problems again
- 'A very good place for us'
- Help needed to pay for Yankee Homecoming fireworks
- Robbed Port store owner vows to catch criminals
- Hula hoop lessons tomorrow at Merrimac library
- This Day in History
- Santa Parade group considers becoming a town committee
- AMESBURY NEWS IN BRIEF
- Police logs
- Strip club owner in court for failing to pay dancers
- Olde Fashioned Sunday returns to Bartlet Mall this weekend
- Experiments to rid Great Marsh of phragmites begin soon
- YWCA expands its after-school program at new Bresnahan Elementary
- District Court
- July 22, 2014
- Police see upswing in heroin use in and around library