- March 5, 2014
Four take out papers to run for selectman
NEWBURY -- Election season is heating up in town with four candidates circulating nomination papers for two seats on the Board of Selectmen and a potential contest for Planning Board as well. Joseph Story II and David Mountain are both seeking anotheContinued ...
Pedestrian struck, killed on Route 114
DANVERS -- Police are investigating an accident on Monday night that killed 45-year-old Steven Gaulin, apparently as he attempted to walk across Route 114. The accident occurred at 7:45 p.m., where Route 114 intersects with the on-ramp for InterstatContinued ...
Five seek 2-year term on board
SEABROOK -- On Tuesday, March 11, voters will go to the polls to elect an individual to fill a two-year seat on the Board of Selectmen. The shorter term is because the winner of last year's election, Eric Small, stepped down due to health issue beforContinued ...
Report: Management played role in state drug lab failure
BOSTON -- Management failures at the Hinton Drug Lab "provided the atmosphere" for jailed former chemist Annie Dookhan to tamper with drug samples and throw thousands of criminal convictions into limbo, according to the state's Inspector General, whoContinued ...
Youth Services hiring summer instructors
NEWBURYPORT -- Newburyport Youth Services is now accepting applications for summer jobs. Applications are available at the NYS office at the Kelley School Youth Center, the NYS website or on the City of Newburyport's website. The Youth Services depContinued ...
- Planting the seed for sustainable growth
- Gun charges dropped against Port man
- amesbury news in brief
- NEF plans annual Texas Hold 'Em fundraiser
- Nock students perform 'Guys and Dolls, Jr.'
- Police Logs
- This Day in History
- Knowles won't run again for selectman
- March 4, 2014
- Public forums on two issues Zoning amendments to be discussed tomorrow, waterfront on Saturday
- 'Short ribs' inspection sticker is recipe for man's arrest
- Selectmen approve new guns, uniforms for police
- City recognizes Diversity Month
- Diversity month, part 1: Extending caring hand to the poor
- DEA launches anonymous tip line
- Shop robbed at knifepoint