- March 4, 2014
Oscars draws 43 million viewers
LOS ANGELES -- Sunday night's Oscars ceremony, featuring host Ellen DeGeneres, got its biggest audience in 10 years. The 86th Academy Awards, telecast on ABC, drew 43 million viewers on average, according to Nielsen, up about 6 percent from last yearContinued ...
Two run for three-year selectman's seat in Seabrook
SEABROOK -- Next Tuesday, voters will go to the polls to elect individuals to fill a three-year opening on the Board of Selectmen. The two candidates who are profiled below are running for that seat. On March 11, Seabrook's polls will be open from 7Continued ...
This Day in History
On this day in 1826, James Prince, John Wood and Stephen Frothingham were given permission to build a second Chain Bridge over the Merrimack River. This bridge spanned from Newburyport to Salisbury and was located approximately where the Gillis BridgContinued ...
Russia sets Ukraine agenda with diplomacy, threats
KIEV, Ukraine (AP) -- Russia called for a national unity deal in Ukraine even as it tightened its stranglehold over Crimea, a bold combination of diplomacy and escalating military pressure. The U.S. and European Union floundered for solutions -- whilContinued ...
Company raises more than $2.1 million for Dana-Farber
QUINCY (BUSINESS WIRE) -- While the polar vortex has kept most bundled up, Granite Telecommunications LLC's Chief Executive Officer Rob Hale decided it was the perfect time to take it all off -- his hair, that is. To raise even more money for one ofContinued ...
- Police Logs
- Danger from Crimea, professor warns
- Great Old Book Sale begins Thursday
- Lessons of the Oscars campaign season
- District Court
- Sunken Great Lakes oil pipeline raises spill fears
- Ellen's celeb selfie a landmark moment
- Triton stages 'Young Frankenstein' this weekend
- High school receives commendation for MCAS scores
- March 3, 2014
- NHS hopes for more teachers
- Newburyport 250th: Some lessons on the city schools' history
- In Salisbury, race for selectman's seat emerges
- NH man jailed for crime spree in W. Newbury, Merrimac
- Moulton, DeFranco gear up for Tierney fight
- More sand coming to replenish the beach