- August 15, 2014
Nanny admits leaving 2-year-old alone
DANVERS -- A former nanny admitted yesterday to repeatedly abandoning a 2-year-old child she'd been hired to care for in the toddler's home last year. Lisa Dibiasso, 28, will spend a year on supervised probation and has been barred from working withContinued ...
Old Home Days' Main Event starts tomorrow
Old Home Days events usher in the weekend, with tonight's Junior Miss Seabrook Pageant, and tomorrow's Main Event. The pageant tonight begins at 7 at the Community Center, and the first Saturday event is the Musket Shoot, beginning at 8 a.m., SeabrooContinued ...
Fashion world looks back on Lauren Bacall
NEW YORK -- Lauren Bacall had one condition when the Fashion Institute of Technology wrote recently to ask if it could turn hundreds of personal garments she donated into an exhibition about her style. "She said, 'Yes, it's fine, as long as it's highContinued ...
Dog days of summer arrive at Bartlet Mall
NEWBURYPORT -- The dogs have been unleashed on Bartlet Mall, and they are hard to miss. Yesterday afternoon, Haverhill artist Dale Rogers went to work setting up 19, 8-foot steel canine sculptures around the historic Mall, which marked the culminatioContinued ...
Town reaches agreement on farming land
WEST NEWBURY -- The Board of Selectmen is poised to enter into a temporary licensing agreement with a Groveland farmer for use of town property for the remainder of this year's growing season. Because of a stipulation included in the agreement with tContinued ...
- Governor signs new jobs bill
- Mass. jobless rate down 1.6% since summer of 2013
- Seabrook building permits
- Congressional candidates find some common ground on Market Basket, Iraq
- Newburyport News in Brief
- Man gets up to 67 years for beating
- This day in history
- MB managers told to schedule full-timers
- August 14, 2014
- Major plan in works along river
- Food pantries feel impact from Market Basket feud
- City pleads for landfill odor help from state
- Woman killed on commuter rail line
- Explore nature by satellite on Saturday
- State, Pleasant streets shut down today for car show