- April 14, 2014
O'Connor Ives faces challengers for state Senate nomination
A political neophyte is challenging freshman state Sen. Kathleen O'Connor Ives, D-Newburyport, for the Democratic nomination this fall. Jessica Finocchiaro, 27, of Methuen, drew nomination papers and is gathering signatures for the primary ballot onContinued ...
Officials: Eastern Marsh trail will reopen by end of May
SALISBURY -- After years of planning, the million-dollar project to rebuild Town Creek culverts and tide gates to prevent future flooding on Bridge Road will hopefully be completed by the end of May. According to planning director Lisa Pearson, the wContinued ...
Real estate transactions
AMESBURY 4 Collins St: Timothy S. and Chrissy M. Murphy to James G. Olsen and Colleen M. Hannon, $170,000 120 Elm St: Janis D. and Richard E. Stoehrer to Daniel S. Ware, $278,000 59 High St: FNMA to Peter A. and Mary F. Marengi, $330,000 4 Jordan Ln:Continued ...
This day in history
On this day in 1802, John J. Currier (whose name has become synonymous with shipbuilding) was born. During his long and active life, he built nearly 100 large vessels with a total registered capacity of more than 90,000 tons. -- Information providedContinued ...
Rowley Reads kicks off with Monday movie night
The Rowley Reads program is bringing new activities to the town library, including Movie Mondays, beginning tonight at 6:30. The movie "Places in the Heart" starring Sally Field will be shown. Additional Rowley Reads program enhancements include storContinued ...
- Bathroom facilities part of plan for proposed harbormaster's headquarters
- Seabrook building permits
- Candidates Night set for Thursday
- Amesbury news in brief
- The economics of slavery
- Water main break cancels Pentucket High School classes
- police logs
- West Newbury cleanup April 26, 27
- Newbury pastor win national journalism award
- NH man injured in Salisbury motorcycle crash
- City Council meets tomorrow night
- One every four hours until complaints cease
- With $41.4M, 'Captain America' holds off 'Rio 2'
- April 12, 2014
- Seabrook officer placed on unpaid leave
- Amesbury's mayoral aide, 20, goes full time