- March 4, 2014
Lessons of the Oscars campaign season
The Oscars are over, Twitter has recovered, the pizza has been devoured and the delivery guy is probably still waiting for the money to make its way from Pharrell Williams' hat to his pocket. But everyone else, host Ellen DeGeneres tells us, is a winContinued ...
NEWBURYPORT: The following jury-waived trials were recorded Friday, Feb. 28, at Newburyport District Court with Judge Peter Doyle presiding: Andy Hernandez-Garcia, 21, 65 Jackson St., No. 1, Haverhill; operating a motor vehicle with a suspended licenContinued ...
Sunken Great Lakes oil pipeline raises spill fears
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. -- A freshwater channel that separates Michigan's upper and lower peninsulas is a premier Midwestern tourist attraction and a photographer's delight, offering spectacular vistas of two Great Lakes, several islands and one of theContinued ...
Ellen's celeb selfie a landmark moment
NEW YORK -- Ellen DeGeneres' celeb-studded selfie from the most-watched Oscars telecast in a decade was a landmark social media moment at a time online conversation is boosting television viewership and vice versa. It's also a murky example of what iContinued ...
Triton stages 'Young Frankenstein' this weekend
BYFIELD -- Triton Regional High School is opening the curtains for a production of Mel Brooks' musical comedy, "Young Frankenstein," on Thursday. The show is an affectionate parody of the mad scientist horror genre, adapted from Brooks' 2007 BroadwayContinued ...
- High school receives commendation for MCAS scores
- March 3, 2014
- NHS hopes for more teachers
- Newburyport 250th: Some lessons on the city schools' history
- In Salisbury, race for selectman's seat emerges
- NH man jailed for crime spree in W. Newbury, Merrimac
- Moulton, DeFranco gear up for Tierney fight
- More sand coming to replenish the beach
- This day in Newburyport history
- District court
- Packer appointed to serve on Coastal Erosion Task Force
- Red Sox trophy to visit Newburyport on March 22
- Public gets say in marijuana center locale
- police logs
- Teachers fight order to grade practice MCAS tests at home
- Chamber to hear speaker discuss future of nonprofits