SLIDESHOW: Super Bowl by the numbers
The nation's biggest sporting event produces some staggering statistics, from the number of chicken wings consumed -- 1.25 billion -- to the amount of money some people plan to bet on the game.
State officials: 5 may be exposed to brain disease
BOSTON (AP) -- The Massachusetts Department of Health said yesterday that five patients in the state may have been exposed to a fatal brain disease from the same specialized surgical instrument used on a patient in New Hampshire. The five patients haContinued ...
Police: NY man made threat at Logan airport
BOSTON (AP) -- A New York state man has been charged with making a threat at Boston's Logan Airport after allegedly remarking that he had a pressure cooker in his backpack. Jeremy Sawyer of Cicero, N.Y., pleaded not guilty Wednesday to making a bombContinued ...
Official: Asiana flight tried to abort landing
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- A federal safety official said yesterday that the cockpit voice recorder from Asiana Flight 214 showed the jetliner received a warning that it could stall because it was flying too slowly and tried to increase its speed before iContinued ...
Okla. tornado damage: thousands of homes, $1.5B-$2B in damage
MOORE, Okla. (AP) -- The tornado that struck an Oklahoma City suburb this week may have created $2 billion or more in damage as it tore through as many as 13,000 homes, multiple schools and a hospital, officials said yesterday as they gave the firstContinued ...
Obama praises first responders who died in Texas
WACO, Texas -- With the flag-draped coffins of 12 first responders before him, President Barack Obama lauded the courage of the volunteer firefighters who rushed toward the scene of a massive fertilizer plant explosion and gave their lives trying toContinued ...
- April 20, 2013
- Boston uneasy, its streets deserted
- March 30, 2013
- RI nightclub fire memorial breaks ground
- January 22, 2013
- Obama girls to hit teen milestones in White House
- December 8, 2012
- John Paul's memorabilia to come to US
- December 1, 2012
- Missouri couple collects on record Powerball prize
- February 2, 2012
- April 20, 2010
- AP-CNBC Poll: Most in US against legalizing pot
- Oklahoma City marks 15 years since bombing
- Indoor tanning may be addictive, scientists say
- April 17, 2010
- Ex-congressman: Someone forged aide's pay increase
- April 12, 2010
- Churchgoers honor 29 dead miners — and the profession
- Rally calls for Social Security benefits for same-sex couples
- April 10, 2010
- Grieving begins, but life goes on at W.Va. mines
- Obama emboldened for another Supreme Court pick
- Grandmother: Boy terrorized adoptive family in US
- State officials: 5 may be exposed to brain disease