SLIDESHOW: Super Bowl by the numbers
The nation's biggest sporting event produces some staggering statistics, from the number of chicken wings consumed -- 1.25 billion -- to the amount of money some people plan to bet on the game.
Okla. tornado damage: thousands of homes, $1.5B-$2B in damage
MOORE, Okla. (AP) -- The tornado that struck an Oklahoma City suburb this week may have created $2 billion or more in damage as it tore through as many as 13,000 homes, multiple schools and a hospital, officials said yesterday as they gave the firstContinued ...
Obama praises first responders who died in Texas
WACO, Texas -- With the flag-draped coffins of 12 first responders before him, President Barack Obama lauded the courage of the volunteer firefighters who rushed toward the scene of a massive fertilizer plant explosion and gave their lives trying toContinued ...
Boston uneasy, its streets deserted
BOSTON -- The Red Sox and the Bruins both scrapped their games. The famous Bull Market at Faneuil Hall was closed, and there were more pigeons than tourists on City Hall Plaza. Even the Starbucks at Government Center was shuttered. The killing of oneContinued ...
RI nightclub fire memorial breaks ground
WARWICK, R.I. â€" Workers broke ground yesterday on a memorial in Warwick to honor the 100 people killed in a 2003 nightclub fire, even as families of the victims expressed hope they could work together to eventually have a permanent memorial builtContinued ...
Obama girls to hit teen milestones in White House
WASHINGTON -- That's how it goes with kids. You hardly notice how fast they're growing up, then suddenly big sis is nearly as tall as Mom and the little one is a tween, gently sassing Dad. On the inaugural platform again four years later, a more matuContinued ...
- December 8, 2012
- John Paul's memorabilia to come to US
- December 1, 2012
- Missouri couple collects on record Powerball prize
- February 2, 2012
- April 20, 2010
- AP-CNBC Poll: Most in US against legalizing pot
- Oklahoma City marks 15 years since bombing
- Indoor tanning may be addictive, scientists say
- April 17, 2010
- Ex-congressman: Someone forged aide's pay increase
- April 12, 2010
- Churchgoers honor 29 dead miners — and the profession
- Rally calls for Social Security benefits for same-sex couples
- April 10, 2010
- Grieving begins, but life goes on at W.Va. mines
- Obama emboldened for another Supreme Court pick
- Grandmother: Boy terrorized adoptive family in US
- April 7, 2010
- Obama calls nuke terrorism the top threat to US
- Among the dead, a family man and cheerful son-in-law
- Disaster rattles town where life revolves around the mines
- Okla. tornado damage: thousands of homes, $1.5B-$2B in damage