- April 7, 2010
Miners' families holding onto hope as they wait for news
MONTCOAL, W.Va. — Ramona Williams prayed silently yesterday for her brother's safe return.Continued ...
Williams' family learned a day earlier that her brother, Ronald Maynor, was among the missing after an explosion at the Performance Coal Co. mine.
Wash. man charged with threatening Sen. Murray
SEATTLE (AP) — A Washington state man has been charged with threatening to kill Democratic Sen. Patty Murray over her support for health care reform, leaving voicemail messages at her office saying she had a target on her back and "it only takes one piece of lead."Continued ...
- April 5, 2010
Militia group member allegedly aimed truck at police car in 1990
CHICAGO — An Indiana man charged last month with plotting with other militia members to murder police officers allegedly drove a tractor-trailer into the path of a police car two decades ago.Continued ...
Thomas Piatek, 46, of Hammond, was southbound when he "abruptly veered" over a raised median in Homewood, Ill., flashed on his high beams and drove directly into the path of a northbound marked police car on May 14, 1990, a police report shows.
Priest accused of US abuse still working in India
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — A Roman Catholic priest was in his native India in 2007 when he was charged with sexually assaulting a teenage girl at his former post in Minnesota. Three years later, he is still serving as a priest in India with the blessing of his local bishop.Continued ...
Judge settles key issues in Hopper divorce case
LOS ANGELES — Dennis Hopper's estranged wife and daughter can live on his property while the couple resolve their bitter divorce case and the actor fights prostate cancer, a judge ruled yesterday.Continued ...
- April 2, 2010
- In Central Park, where goes Peter Cottontail?
- Pope's preacher: Accusations akin to anti-Semitism
- Napolitano tours RI floods as state pleads for aid
- John Forsythe, star of 'Dynasty,' dies at 92
- Angry family blames Disney after son dies on park grounds
- Ivanka Trump's accused stalker freed on $10K bond
- Obama urges patience as health care law kicks in
- FBI says ruse created to arrest militia members
- Roeder sentenced to life in prison for killing abortion provider
- 2 million eager for health care on parents' plans
- Life sentence for abortion doc's killer
- March 31, 2010
- Loan changes to help students, community colleges
- Feds: 'Hutaree' had to be 'taken down'
- March 30, 2010
- Health care gains start soon — bigger ones later
- March 29, 2010
- Ford to sell Volvo to Chinese automaker for $1.8 billion