The top gunner on a B-29 had a full view of the aircraft, from the tail wing and all around the plane. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
Home delivery and Digital Access customers of The Daily News get deals for restaurants, hotels, attractions and other businesses, locally and across the country.
This Week's Circulars
- Yacht Bella Vita collides with moored fishing boat
- Crash injures 3, boat lands on Newburyport dock
- Pressure mounts to cancel Newburyport Shark & Tuna Tournament
- West Newbury greenhouse's closure leaves future of property in flux
- Largest yacht to visit in years arrives in style
- Newburyport man arrested after folding chair dispute
- Merrimac man ruled dangerous, held without bail on rape charges
- Former Newburyport bookkeeper receives prison term
- Car hits wall near Moseley Pines, bursts into flames
- Buckling brick façade closes Inn Street intersection