BOSTON — Democrats still dominate the Legislature in Massachusetts, statewide offices and all 11 of the state’s congressional seats, yet five of the state’s last six governors have been Republicans.
BOSTON – Gov. Charlie Baker and his Democratic challenger Jay Gonzalez went toe-to-toe in one final debate Thursday night during which the two men challenged each others' vision for Massachusetts as being either too timid, or too unrealistic.
BOSTON — Jay Gonzalez wants to resurrect plans to tax the state's top earners to pay for fixing the MBTA, improving public schools and lowering health care costs.
WORCESTER — Putting some substance behind his quiet re-election effort, Gov. Charlie Baker said he wants to reduce the sales tax and fired up Republican delegates at their nominating convention Saturday by emphasizing his support for the death penalty for killers of police officers.
BOSTON – Gov. Charlie Baker and Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito will run for re-election in 2018, according to a senior political adviser, marking an expected, but significant turning point as Baker's political team begins to take steps to build the campaign apparatus that will be necessary to win ano…
BOSTON – Gov. Charlie Baker hasn't yet filed to run for re-election but the Republican has amassed a campaign war chest meant to intimate potential Democratic rivals.
BOSTON – Democratic gubernatorial challenger Jay Gonzalez sought Monday to ramp up political pressure on Gov. Charlie Baker to take a firm position on a $2 billion proposal to further tax wealthy Bay State residents at a time when state government has been stung by slowing tax revenue growth…
Home delivery and Digital Access customers of The Daily News get deals for restaurants, hotels, attractions and other businesses, locally and across the country.
This Week's Circulars
- Last call at The Ale House in Amesbury
- Amesbury bicyclist killed by hit-and-run driver in Salisbury
- After a year off, Newburyport and Amesbury renew Thanksgiving rivalry
- 'This Means Everything!': Amesbury clinches the CAL with defensive gem against rival Newburyport on Thanksgiving
- 18 Amesbury students test positive for COVID-19
- History Made, But Chasing More: Georgetown's Lucido putting together one of state's best ever receiving seasons
- COVID-19 outbreak traced to Amesbury Jets football banquet
- Suspect in hit-and-run held without bail
- Essex DA's Office: No arrests yet in fatal hit-and-run
- Kelcourse says city unfairly blaming Jets for COVID outbreak
BOSTON — Sen. Elizabeth Warren may not be challenging Republican Gov. Charlie Baker for the state’s top elected office next year, but the popular Democrat’s presence on the ballot could complicate his re-election bid, political observers say.