This interactive map depicts the number of unintentional opioid overdose deaths that took place in Essex County from 2000 to 2014. Use the sliding scale on the top left side to select a year. Check or uncheck the boxes next to each city and town's name to filter your results. In this map, "o…
Somewhere in your community today, an individual may be deciding it is finally time to put an end to addiction to painkillers or heroin. It’s a decision typically leveraged in desperation, experts say, when the addict faces losing a spouse, a family, a home, freedom.
Since opening in 2007 as the state’s first high school for addicts trying to recover, Northshore Recovery High School has turned around the lives of hundreds of students.
This Week's Circulars
Rotonda West, FL - Joseph A. Lariviere, 82, of Rotonda West, passed away Sunday, February 16, 2020, at Englewood Community Hospital. He was born on July 31, 1937, in Newburyport, Massachusetts, to the late Joseph and Mary Gagnon Lariviere. Joe is remembered as a loving husband, a caring fath…
- State orders Amesbury School Department to release unredacted investigative report
- Amesbury's first retail marijuana shop opens
- The resemblance is ‘Uncanny’: Movie shot by Haverhill native on Plum Island debuts in Beverly
- Medical marijuana dispensary opens in Merrimac
- Amesbury residents face 2-year reconstruction of Elm St.
- DA says Dracut man was suspect shot by police at Byfield gas station
- New docking fees proposed on Newburyport's central waterfront
- LETTER: Why was group forced from senior center?
- More coyotes seen on North Shore
- Official: Space heater caused Amesbury mobile home fire