This interactive map depicts the number of unintentional opioid overdose deaths that took place in Essex County from 2000 to 2014. Use the sliding scale on the top left side to select a year. Check or uncheck the boxes next to each city and town's name to filter your results. In this map, "o…
Somewhere in your community today, an individual may be deciding it is finally time to put an end to addiction to painkillers or heroin. It’s a decision typically leveraged in desperation, experts say, when the addict faces losing a spouse, a family, a home, freedom.
Since opening in 2007 as the state’s first high school for addicts trying to recover, Northshore Recovery High School has turned around the lives of hundreds of students.
This Week's Circulars
Amesbury, MA - Henry G. Totzke II, of Amesbury, passed away on Monday, Oct 28, after a lengthy illness. Hank was born in Detroit, MI, in 1934. He was the only child of Henry and Jane Totzke of Detroit. A stint in the service brought him to California, where he settled down and, with a couple…
Newburyport - Constance Ann (Hanewich) McGlew, 70 a resident of Newburyport, MA died Thursday evening November 7, 2019 at Mass General Hospital in Boston. She was born in Newburyport, MA on February 15, 1949. Constance is survived by her children, Nicholas, Melissa, Michael, Jennifer and Dav…
- Amesbury's mayor-elect gets ready to take office in Jan.
- The Chase is officially on: Patriots rookie has quietly been impact player on great defense
- Exotic dancer held on bail after drunken-driving arrest
- Pentucket High student charged with making threats against school
- Newburyport photographer takes on #FacesofNECC
- Business makes house calls to grow marijuana
- Groveland man released with GPS bracelet
- Holaday: City must move forward without retail marijuana revenue
- Amesbury's architect: McQueen learned from best, brings new culture to Indians
- Man charged with trying to strangle woman