This interactive map depicts the number of unintentional opioid overdose deaths that took place in Essex County from 2000 to 2014. Use the sliding scale on the top left side to select a year. Check or uncheck the boxes next to each city and town's name to filter your results. In this map, "o…
Somewhere in your community today, an individual may be deciding it is finally time to put an end to addiction to painkillers or heroin. It’s a decision typically leveraged in desperation, experts say, when the addict faces losing a spouse, a family, a home, freedom.
Since opening in 2007 as the state’s first high school for addicts trying to recover, Northshore Recovery High School has turned around the lives of hundreds of students.
Home delivery and Digital Access customers of The Daily News get deals for restaurants, hotels, attractions and other businesses, locally and across the country.
- What you need to know about coronavirus
- Coronavirus updates: State of emergency ends; coronavirus caseload rises
- Coronavirus updates: Full vaccinations surpass 3.9 million in Massachusetts
- SLIDESHOW: Triton Vikings beat Ipswich Tigers in lacrosse, 14-9
- Coronavirus updates: One more week under state of emergency
This Week's Circulars
Lawrence - Madeleine "Maddy" (Waye Descoteaux Brown), 87, passed away on April 5, 2020. Maddy was born to Irene and Charles Waye in Nashua, N.H., on December 17, 1932. She was predeceased by her parents; a brother Charles Waye; and husbands, Louis G. Descoteaux of Nashua, N.H., and George Br…
- Newburyport Crossing fully leased in Smart Growth District
- Newburyport celebrates newest rail trail stretch
- Cancer-stricken Newburyport firefighter Burkinshaw to be honored at Spofford Tournament
- Restored Mayflower companion vessel leaving Amesbury for Gloucester
- Forest Road, Salisbury, project reduced to 56 units
- Woman accused of stealing almost $50K from ex-boyfriend avoids jail time
- Police: Drugs a factor in Friday Amesbury crash
- Kelcourse considering run for Amesbury mayor
- West Newbury man admits he shot into his barn, sentenced to probation
- 'Witchstone' chiseled by famous 18th century carver