While the heroin crisis has swept through the region over the last several years, the emergence of detox and residential treatment centers has only occurred recently, with two new facilities opening in the Merrimack Valley within the last year. One of them, Haven of Hope, is a recovery home for women in Methuen.
As featured on
In the ongoing battle against heroin, the region has worked diligently to educate young peop…
This Week's Circulars
Haverhill, MA - John Clifford "Cliff" MacDonald, age 83, of Haverhill, died peacefully Tuesday morning, February 11, 2020, at Brigham Manor Nursing Home in Newburyport. Born in Nashua, New Hampshire, September 19, 1936, he was one of three children of the late George and Katherine (Clifford)…
Newburyport, MA - Christine P. (Rudzinski) Demski, age 70, of Newburyport, died February 15, 2020, at Anna Jaques Hospital in Newburyport after a courageous battle with pancreatic cancer. Born in Bayonne, New Jersey, June 5, 1949, she was the daughter of the late Harriet (Jancewicz) Rudzinsk…
- Newburyport man charged with critically injuring woman, 70
- Maine man charged with raping child in Salisbury
- Medical marijuana dispensary opens in Merrimac
- The resemblance is ‘Uncanny’: Movie shot by Haverhill native on Plum Island debuts in Beverly
- Amesbury residents face 2-year reconstruction of Elm St.
- Amesbury's first retail marijuana shop opens
- Newbury selectman accused of violating Code of Ethics
- Quartet charged in string of West Newbury vehicle break-ins
- Byfield child rape suspect released on $50K bail
- Founder of Ken's Haus repair shop enjoying retirement