WASHINGTON - President Truman got so upset when a newspaper panned his daughter's singing that he wrote the critic: 'Someday I hope to meet you. When that happens, you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below!' This article can be read in full with a Plus Edition account.
Home delivery and Digital Access customers of The Daily News get deals for restaurants, hotels, attractions and other businesses, locally and across the country.
This Week's Circulars
- 9-alarm blaze rips through buildings on Salisbury Beach
- Plum Island home condemned, others flooded
- Raging inferno hits Salisbury Beach
- Lawrence woman charged with arson
- Salisbury comes together to help fire victims
- Woman accused of harassing Georgetown police chief held in custody
- Officials respond to rare, stranded pygmy sperm whale
- Brine presents window, sign plans
- Downtown restaurant reopens after closure due to COVID-19 concerns
- No cause yet for Salisbury fire