The loud sound of the fire alarm cleared the Newburyport District Court building yesterday afternoon shortly after 1:30 p.m., and fortunately court was not in session at the time. After two Newburyport fire engines and their crews responded and completed a searched the building, thankfully, no fire was found. A spider had tripped the alarm system and caused a smoke alarm to sound, according to courthouse staff.
Home delivery and Digital Access customers of The Daily News get deals for restaurants, hotels, attractions and other businesses, locally and across the country.
This Week's Circulars
- FBI agents arrest man in raid on Amesbury home
- Seabrook man struck by truck dies shortly after accident
- Salisbury woman accused of breaking into house as family watched TV
- Salisbury hairstylist avoids jail time
- Man seriously injured after being struck by dump truck in Salisbury
- Spencer-Peirce-Little Farm on alert after thefts, other incidents
- Amesbury golf entrepreneur to be featured on ABC's Shark Tank this Friday
- Truck driver from Maine dies in rollover in Amesbury
- Salisbury salon owner rides out pandemic in style
- Takesian, Abdulla reelected as Salisbury selectmen