SALISBURY — A Planning Board public hearing on the One Oceanfront housing complex scheduled for Wednesday night has been continued.
Big Block Development Group plans to build the 235-unit development at the corner of Broadway and Oceanfront South.
The project was originally planned as a 240-unit condominium complex when the developers first approached the Planning Board in late 2017.
But Big Block was unsatisfied with the 44 conditions the Planning Board included in its approval in 2018 and the project wound up in state Land Court.
The estimated $130 million proposal re-emerged as a slightly smaller project late last year after the court sent it back to the Planning Board and was the subject of a public hearing Jan. 22 at Town Hall.
Project manager Steve Paquette and counsel David Gallagher presented the new plans to the Planning Board that evening. The latest proposal also calls for 7,187 square feet of leasable commercial space and a flood zone-acceptable stadium staircase/commercial deck connecting to public property.
Big Block, comprising the Capolupo, Nabhan and Mulcahy families, indicated it may offer condominiums for sale or rental units.
But residents of the abutting Ocean Echo condominium complex also appeared before the board Jan. 22 to voice their concerns with the height of the proposed building as well as trash removal, traffic, and an easement between the property and Ocean Echo.
Board Chairman Donald Egan said he was also concerned about the easement issue. The board continued the public hearing until Wednesday night, but no one from Big Block was present.
Assistant Planner Bart McDonaugh said the development company requested a continuance until the board’s meeting Feb. 26. The request was expected to be granted, he said.
Staff writer Jim Sullivan covers Amesbury and Salisbury for The Daily News. He can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 978-961-3145. Follow him on Twitter @ndnsully.