CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire has added four properties, including a chapel and an inn, to the state register of historic places, the state Division of Historical Resources has announced.
Among them are St. John’s on the Lake Chapel. Built in 1898, it is known for its mix of Gothic, Rustic and Shingle architectural styles and was purchased by the Episcopalian Diocese in 1926 to serve Meredith’s summer residents.
The second site is the Nutmeg Inn, a tourism fixture in Meredith for nearly 200 years. The inn has been a tavern, an inn, a boarding school, a dinner theater and is currently a bed and breakfast. From 1927-37, it served as regional headquarters for the Girl Scouts.
The third site is the Parish House in Lee, which was built in 1873 and is part of small-town streetscape that includes the Town Hall, town annex, church and library.
Durham’s Wagon Hill Farm, which remained an active farm for nearly 300 years, is the fourth site. The 1804 farmhouse is a Federal-style building with later Greek Revival details that retains interior woodwork and fireplaces.